- What is Improve?
- You can find out more about Improve from the About us page.
- Can I access Improve using my Scootle account?
- Yes. After selecting Teacher from the Login drop-down, select the 'Login via Scootle' button to log in with your Scootle username and password. If you have forgotten your password, select Forgotten your password? then enter your registered email address and select Send email. Your password will be emailed to you.
- I do not have a Scootle account – can I register for one?
- Yes. If you do not have a Scootle account and want to register, go to the Scootle registration page. After successfully registering, you will be able to access Scootle and Improve using the same login credentials.
- I have an Improve username and password – how do I log in?
- After selecting Teacher from the Login drop-down on the Improve website, enter your username and password in the Log in via Improve section. If you have forgotten your password, select Forgot your password? then enter your registered email address and select the Send request button. Your password will be emailed to you.
- I do not use Scootle. Can I register to use Improve?
- Yes. Teachers who do not use Scootle can register with Improve via their jurisdiction portal (eg TaLE, the Learning Place). You may search your relevant jurisdiction portal for the R12306 Accessing Improve registration resource. Follow the instructions to register. Your username and password will then be emailed to you.
- I’m already an Improve user. What has changed?
Select Teacher from the Login drop-down on the Improve website. For Tasmanian teachers, select Tasmania logo and log in with your Department of Education network (vKey) username and password.
For New South Wales teachers, select the 'Login via Scootle' button, and then select the jurisdiction logo. After successfully logging in to the jurisdiction portal, select Improve from the global menu.
- I have both a Scootle account and a jurisdiction network account. Can I log in both ways?
Yes. To log in using your Scootle account, select Teacher from the Login drop-down on the Improve website and select the 'Login via Scootle' button.
To log in using your Tasmanian network account, select the Tasmania logo to log in with your Department of Education network (vKey) username and password.
To log in using your New South Wales network account, select the 'Login via Scootle' button, and then select the NSW jurisdiction icon. After successfully logging in to the jurisdiction portal, select Improve from the global menu.
- I’m a Tasmanian teacher and I don’t have any assigned classes in edupoint. Can I still log in and use Improve?
- Yes. You will have an active account in Improve. Your students will need to register with Improve using your teacher PIN before you can create classes and assign tests. You can read more about this in the User guide for teachers.
User guideImprove user guide for teachers (PDF, 18 MB)
How to access Improve, log in and use your dashboard
Join our network group Improve - online assessment platform
- I have been given the teacher PIN and test PIN. How do I join a class?
To join a class, select Student from the Login drop-down on the Improve website to access the student portal. Select Join a class and enter your name and your teacher's PIN. You will be given a password that you will need to enter in order to take a test.
- I have joined a class. How do I take a test?
Select Student from the Login drop-down on the Improve website to access the student portal. Select Take a test and enter the test PIN given to you by your teacher and the password provided when you joined a class.
- How do I access Improve?
You will need to log in using your jurisdiction portal (eg edupoint) username and password to join your teacher's Improve class. Follow the instructions your teacher gave you to log in and access the tests in Improve. Each of your teachers may give you different instructions.
- How do I log in to Improve?
To log in to Improve, select Student from the Login drop-down on the Improve website. Depending on your teacher’s instructions, you can either log in via your jurisdiction portal or by using the Improve PIN(s) provided by your teacher.
User guideImprove user guide for students (PDF, 4 MB)
How to access Improve, take a test and access learning activities
- How do I register as a parent with Improve?
If you are new to Improve, please contact your child's teacher and request information on how to register.
- How do I log in to Improve?
To log in to Improve, select Parent from the Login drop-down menu on the Improve website. Enter your email address and your password.
- Is it possible to view more than one child's Improve activities using the same parent account?
Yes. You can add all of your children's Improve accounts by specifying their name and unique password. You can also view your child's results from multiple years.
- Can I do the recommended learning activities with my child?
Yes. After you have logged in, select your child's class to access the associated learning activities. You must have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer to view the learning activities.
- Can I do the Improve tests with my child?
Yes. Select Student portal from the drop-down menu at the top right of the screen, then follow the instructions provided by the teacher to log in to the student portal.
How to access the parent dashboard